Hi! Welcome to Angry Cat Productions. If you have any questions about any of my posts, comment, and I'll do my best to help in a timely fashion (usually quite quickly.) If you have any other questions, feel free to comment on whatever post you want, and I'll take a stab at helping you out. And if something on this site helps you solve your problems, please let me know in a comment. Because like the rest of the world, I like warm fuzzy feelings. Enjoy!

Angry Cat Productions
Ltd.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Ooh! Ooo two!

I was planning on posting about this a few days ago, but I finally got around to it today. OpenOffice.org is an open-source (see a pattern here?) alternative to Microsoft Office. Version 1.1.4 was comprable to Office 97. Not real great. So I tried 2.0 beta. It was drastically improved, and made leaps and bounds towards Office 2000/XP. Much better-looking, has a better feeling to it, and is just plain better. But it was buggy. Since it was a beta, that was expected, but it still made me sad. Now, finally, Ooo 2.0 is released. Same thing, less bugs. Try out - click the button down there on the right. I'm beginning to like Sun Microsystems more now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment
<< Home