Hi! Welcome to Angry Cat Productions. If you have any questions about any of my posts, comment, and I'll do my best to help in a timely fashion (usually quite quickly.) If you have any other questions, feel free to comment on whatever post you want, and I'll take a stab at helping you out. And if something on this site helps you solve your problems, please let me know in a comment. Because like the rest of the world, I like warm fuzzy feelings. Enjoy!

Angry Cat Productions
Ltd.

Friday, October 07, 2005

A Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

All right, it's been a good week and a half since I've posted. But now that my life is a little more normal, and I'm waiting for my competent cells to chill for a while, listening to my new Switchfoot album, I'm in the mood for a good post or two. But first, I should finish the review that I started writing almost two weeks ago.
I recently watched A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, as one might guess from the title of this post. The movie revolves around Arthur Dent, a hapless John Doe who finds out that his best (and probably only) friend isn't even human. While Dent (a name strangely familiar to Adventures in Odyssey fans) is distraught over his house being demolished, his friend ensures that he and his friend get a ride on the alien ship that is demolishing Dent's home planet. Eventually, against (literally) all odds, they get picked up by the most technologically advanced ship in the galaxy within 30 seconds of being ejected into space. The movie is MPAA rated PG for "thematic elements, action and mild language." The language, as I noticed it, consists of a few instances of misuse of the Lord's name, and the movie pokes fun at religion in general a couple times. Other than that, we breifly see Trillian (Zooey Deschanel) in a large towel, but surprisingly, nothing worse.
I can't compare this movie to the book, since I haven't read it. I'm sure there are plenty of people who are madder than a, um, caged yellow jacket, about how this film destroys and defiles the book. But the fact that the author of the book wrote the screenplay (a scenario that has happily been played out in several movies recently) should have kept the spirit of the book. Overall, it is a hilarious, relatively clean movie. There's also something in there for you poltical junkies, as there is plenty of symbolism. And, of course, there is the answer to everything. It makes for a great movie night, and an awesome laugh. 41/2 stars from me.

1 Comments:

  • Hi, Randy,

    I enjoyed visiting your site today. For some reason I don't remember as much about the Hitchhiker's Movie as you did--I think I was in and out of sleep too much!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 10, 2005 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment
<< Home