Hi! Welcome to Angry Cat Productions. If you have any questions about any of my posts, comment, and I'll do my best to help in a timely fashion (usually quite quickly.) If you have any other questions, feel free to comment on whatever post you want, and I'll take a stab at helping you out. And if something on this site helps you solve your problems, please let me know in a comment. Because like the rest of the world, I like warm fuzzy feelings. Enjoy!

Angry Cat Productions
Ltd.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Can't forget the Blender!

Well, in my sort-of roundup of supercool open-source projects, I realized I left out a very important member. The other day, I finally tried out Blender3D. It is an open-source 3-D model editing program. I don't know how it compares to others like 3D Max and Maya, but I know it blows the socks off of my CAD-3D program I was working with. Once you get the hang of the controls (which takes some doing), it is very intuitive to make some awesome 3D models. I had fun making a man with claws and a tophat for starters. If you're into 3D modeling, or just want to play around with making 3D objects, check it out. And make sure you go along with a tutorial, otherwise you'll probably get lost pretty quickly. I reccomend WikiBooks' online book Blender 3D: Noob to Pro. Check it out!
Randy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment
<< Home