Hi! Welcome to Angry Cat Productions. If you have any questions about any of my posts, comment, and I'll do my best to help in a timely fashion (usually quite quickly.) If you have any other questions, feel free to comment on whatever post you want, and I'll take a stab at helping you out. And if something on this site helps you solve your problems, please let me know in a comment. Because like the rest of the world, I like warm fuzzy feelings. Enjoy!

Angry Cat Productions
Ltd.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Google Checkout at Buy.com

So I was trying to redeem an awesome deal at Buy.com, and it involved the $10 discount with Google Checkout. So I get ready to check out, and there's no way to get to Google Checkout. I scoured the FAQ's and Google's site, and nothing! Finally, I noticed somewhere it said that Google Checkouts would be treated as guests. So I log out, find my stuff again, and there's the button, hiding below the little sidebar shopping basket. So I log back in, and sure enough, there it is.
So the moral of the story is: once you've added your last item, DON'T click the big "Proceed to Checkout" button. Click the Google button that may be hiding farther down. If you've already gotten all your stuff, add something and then remove it so you get the sidebar cart, because that's the only way I can get it to show up.

3 Comments:

  • Sorry, it's just me...don't get too excited, Randy. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and your site looks sweet--oh, and why in the world were you posting at 1:30 in the morning? Anyway, forgive me for this untechnologically-savvy post that has nothing to do with the Google Deal thingy...but I kind of really really wanted to post on your site. It's pretty cool.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 12, 2006 7:58 PM  

  • Always interested in your thoughts, Randy.

    tgb

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 12, 2006 8:56 PM  

  • Mr. Hoium is using Google Earth in the classroom. I told him that the boys like World Wind a whole lot better. Perhaps he needs to read some of this blogging. You may want to enlighten the guy. JJB (the older one)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 12, 2006 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment
<< Home